Monday, March 2, 2015

Surf Board Sledding – Local Storms Discounted





March 2nd, 2015

For whatever it’s worth, in my observations I usually discount local storms because I know that they are messing up the signals.  And, even if no one else sees the cause in the same vein as I, they would still see one of the symptoms that often may equate to the same thing in the end.  So for whatever it’s worth, I knew that the signals were particularly bad yesterday as the front (or whatever) passed that brought lightning storms, hail, and reported funnel clouds (over the ocean) to the SoCal area last night and this morning.  But again,  the signals were expected to be bad as the storm was right overhead – so to speak.  Maybe I shouldn’t discount the local storms from my observations though.  I have historically been looking for combinations that bring tornadic storms to the Heartland of the nation/continent.  Then again, if the local storm generates any local twister-type phenomena, then I should also start logging all weak signal days for future reference.  Again, for whatever it’s worth, the signals are at the time of this writing exactly the same – more or less – as they were yesterday.  Maybe I will take a ride to a better listening point to baseline the extraordinarily weak signals – for the SD signals are nearly as weak as they get, in my experience.  SB manages to squeak through at some points but could still be a result mostly of weak directional forces.   

See:
Hail turns Southern California beach cities white

Then again, this all could amount to a less than anticipated combination as the pressure does seem to be rising and SD should be heard more clearly and no real directional force seems at play to block SD or promote SB for that matter.  But the whole thing could be due to the approach of yet another low pressure system.  



AVT

No comments:

Post a Comment